Network Engineer/New York City
Support and maintain the network server environment in all aspects.
Major responsibilities for this position are: Location: NYC Support and maintain the network server environment in all aspects. Work as an integral member of the Information Technology Department in meeting the information needs of the client for both short and long-range business objectives.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- With a minimum of supervision, manage daily operations of the Network server environment to ensure reliability and availability, including servers, hubs/switches, routers, and communication links.
- Organize, plan, and participate in Performance Tuning, System Upgrades, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery and System Enhancements.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, periodic project plans and status reports.
- Stay abreast of technology developments, investigate new products or methodologies, recognize system improvement opportunities, and recommend solutions to business/system issues.
- Execution of Incident, Problem and Change Management procedures.
- Handle Help Desk escalations: answer phone, talk users through problem solving, onsite hardware/software/network support.
- Perform other duties as assigned, delegated and required.
- College Degree
- Certification in at least one of the following, at the Network Engineer level:
- Windows Server
- Highly proficient in Citrix XEN5/XEN6, MS Exchange 2010, MS-SQL 2008
- CCNA or equivalent expertise inTCP/IP communications
- Minimum of 5 (five) years experience as a Network Engineer
- Must demonstrate a successful track record of overall project responsibilities covering requirements definition, system analysis and design, development and implementation
- Proficiency in server/network hardware, and operating systems software
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow, demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- May handle 10 to 15 pounds in weight
- Works in an office setting.
- Must be able to travel locally
- Able to work off hours and weekend in case of emergency
- Must be able to work well within a team environment